C. H. Ferris, a member of the police force since January 1, 1907, was born in the little village of Dodson, Montgomery County, Ohio, on October 27, 1871. He attended the village school there and later took advantage of the better opportunities that were offered in the Brookville schools. His education fitted him for teaching, and he devoted four years of his life to this worthy avocation. After leaving the school room he removed to Dayton, where he served nine years in the fire department until appointed patrolman. He has a wife, Elva, and one daughter, Gladys. Mr. Ferris belongs to the Jr. O. U. A. M. and the M. W. A.