Clyde H. Johnson, who was appointed to the police force January 10, 1907, is a native of Miami County. He was born at Piqua, Ohio, on April 8, 1874, and received his education in the public schools of that city. When a young man he sought employment in a shoe store, and in time became an expert salesman. This occupation he followed in his home city until he felt qualified to enter a larger field, and subsequently removed to Dayton. A desire for outdoor work led him to seek an appointment on the police force. His wife's name is Nola, and they have two daughters, Grace and Catherine, and a son, Clarence.