Oldest Known Morgan Ancestor
Detailed information regarding this line can be obtained from the book Miami Valley Genealogies, Vol. IV by Lindsay M. Brien. Reference Dayton and Montgomery County Public Library.
- Peter Morgan
- Peter Morgan was born abt. 1747 and died Mar 07, 1819. His will was recorded Apr 22, 1819 in Greene County, Ohio. Peter married Mary Vansant [possibly spelled Van Zandt] who was born abt. 1745. Peter, listed as a pioneer in Robinson's History of Greene Co, Ohio, arrived in Greene County in 1803. He died March 17, 1819 and is buried in Beavertown Cemetery, Montgomery County, Ohio.
Children of Peter Morgan and Mary Vansant:
- Samuel (ggg-grandfather)
- Samuel Morgan
- Samuel Morgan was born Mar 10, 1782 and died Jul 26, 1831. He married first, Martha Compton in Butler Twp, Montgomery Co, OH; and married second Elizabeth John. Samuel and Martha were both buried in the Compton Farm Cemetery in Butler Township. Years later, burials were removed to Poplar Hill Cemetery in Vandalia, Butler Township, Montgomery County, Ohio. Elizabeth (John) Morgan was the daughter of Thomas John, early settler of Van Buren Township and wife Ester. Elizabeth is buried in Beavertown Cemetery, Montgomery Co, Ohio. Samuel Morgan is listed as a soldier in the War of 1812, having served under Captain Wm. Stevenson of Bath Twp.
Children of Samuel Morgan and Martha Compton were:
- John B.
- Margaret "Peggy" (gg-grandmother)
- Margaret "Peggy" Morgan
- Margaret "Peggy" Morgan was born Jun 06, 1808 in Wayne Township, Montgomery County, Ohio; married Daniel Johnson Feb 20, 1832 in Preble County, Ohio; died Jun 29, 1883 in Montgomery Co, Ohio. Both Daniel and Margaret are buried in the Johnson Cemetery on Rip Rap Road in Huber Heights, Wayne Township, Montgomery County, Ohio.
Children of Margaret "Peggy" Morgan and Daniel Johnson were:
- Joseph Johnson
- Isaac Johnson
- Reese L. Johnson
- William Johnson
- Dennis Johnson
- Louisa Johnson
- Ede Johnson
- Edward Louis Johnson (g-grandfather)